Monday, May 23, 2016

Is This the End? (Part Two) (Chapter 4)

The next day, it was like any other day at school. Since Lizzie, Andrea, Debra and Skye were friends again, they sat together at their usual table. Since Madeline was a part of the Cow Belles, she sat with them at their table, which was situated within the back row of the cafeteria. They sat on the same bench with Madeline in the center of them. They put down their lunchboxes and opened them up.
"Gee, I'm starving," confessed Mauricia.
"That's because you've been on a juice cleanse," reminded Pamela.
"Oh, yeah, that's right."
"Pamela, I'm loving that shade of brown on your lips," complimented Madeline.
"Thanks," Pamela smiled. "I got my shade from Kylie Jenner's lip kit."
"Shut up! I got the lip kit."
"No way!"
"I got it, too," agreed Mauricia.
"We should all stop by my house and put it on together."
"Yeah, we should totes do that."
"Speaking of Kylie Jenner, since I'm eighteen and practically an adult, I was thinking about getting my lips filled."
"Yeah, you should def' do that."
"You would look amazeballs with fuller lips," commented Madeline.
"Thank you, Mads," Pamela raised her shoulder. "You should get plastic surgery with me. You could use some botox."
Madeline scrunched her forehead. "What?"
"You have some wrinkles going on around your mouth."
Madeline touched her cheeks to feel if any wrinkles were present. "But I'm eighteen. I can't get wrinkles unless I smoke or anything like that."
"No, you can get wrinkles just from laughing," said Mauricia. "That's why we try not to laugh sometimes."
"Yeah but you don't start forming actual wrinkles until you're thirty."
"How do you know?" asked Pamela.
"It just-- I-I don't know."
"Don't get all insecure, Maddie," said Mauricia. "We're all gonna need a little botox. All the hottest celebrities get it and we're as hot as celebrities."
"I guess we are."
"Guess?!" Pamela inquired.
"I mean we totes are."
"Definitely!" said Mauricia.
"I know I don't want to walk around looking like Bruce Jenner before the tuck," admitted Pamela.
"What happened to Bruce Jenner anyway?"
"I don't know. I think he died. But his sister came back to life or something."
Madeline watched the girls as they indulged in saltless crackers from their lunchboxes. "Uh, so I was thinking about going shopping at Forever 21 at the mall later. Are you girls down?"
"Uh, no!" Pamela and Mauricia uttered at the same time.
"We don't shop at Forever 21," said Pamela.
"We only wear designer clothing," noted Mauricia.
"You know that."
"I know," said Madeline, "but my friends and I... I mean--"
"Madeline, we do not speak about them."
"We refer them as 'the basic knuckleheads'," admitted Mauricia.
"Sometimes, 'those basic girls'."
"Or just 'them'."
"Yeah. They are not your friends anymore. We're your friends."
"That's right."
"You shouldn't even be friends with them anyway. They're dumb; we're yum."
"Yum."
"We're cookies and crumbs."
"Crumbs."
"They are to be forgotten. But us, you'll always remember."
"You know why?"
"Because we're fierce. And we hang out with fierce people. That's why we're hanging out with you."
Madeline smiled. "Thanks, girls. Or should I say, my sisters."
Pamela giggled. "Excellent. And another thing: you have to change your name."
Madeline raised her eyebrows. "My name? What?"
"Your name starts with an 'M'."
"And my name starts with an 'M'," Mauricia noted.
"And we can't have two M's. That's way too confusing."
"What's your middle name?"
"Louise," Madeline answered.
"So that settles it," said Pamela. "Your name is Louise."
"Oh, I don't know about--"
"Louise!" uttered Mauricia.
"Louise, please," Pamela said in singsong.
Madeline awkwardly chuckled before making a weird face.

No comments:

Post a Comment