Sunday, May 22, 2016

Is This the End? (Part Two) (Chapter 3)

The next day, the four girls decided to walk together in the hallway while they were at school. They were transitioning in between classes and spotted one another in the hall. So they decided to make conversation for a few minutes. As they ambled, they noticed the students in front of them inside the halls divided into two groups. The groups walked closer to the lockers, creating a space in the middle. The girls knew that meant the Cow Belles were making their way through. They hated that but they did what everyone else did and walked closely by the walls. As the Cow Belles sashayed down the hall, everyone, including the girls, noticed a new addition to the duo. There was a girl about the same height as them and dressed like them who was walking with them, in between them. Lizzie, Andrea and Debra dropped their jaws when they saw that girl was Madeline.
"I told you all," said Skye.
When the Cow Belles, including Madeline, walked past, the girls stopped walking and stared at the trio.
"Madeline's friends with the Cow Belles?" queried Andrea. "¡Asqueroso!"
"I don't understand this," said Lizzie.
"A lot of things you don't understand," Skye murmured.
"How did this happen?" asked Debra.
"I'm not sure," responded Skye. "But Madeline was getting a bit 'witchy'... if you replace the 'W' with a 'B'. So it does not surprise me that she's with them."
"I got to talk to her," said Lizzie before marching towards the Cow Belles.
The girls followed Lizzie until she caught up with Madeline and tapped her on the shoulder. Madeline stopped and turning around, flipping her blonde hair. When Madeline stopped, Pamela and Mauricia stopped as if they could also feel the tap on her shoulder.
"Hey, Madeline," greeted Lizzie.
"Uh, did you just say 'hi' to us?" asked Pamela.
"No, we say 'hi' to you," said Mauricia.
"And then we insult you."
"It's what we do."
"Not you."
"Uh, I didn't say 'hi' to you," said Lizzie. "I said 'hi' to Madeline. Well, not 'hi'. It was 'hey'."
"You speak to one of us, you speak to all of us," clarified Madeline.
"That's how life goes," added Pamela.
"What do you want anyway?"
"What do you mean?" Lizzie questioned.
"You never know what I mean, do you?"
"That's because she's empty-headed," said Pamela.
"Her head is empty," said Mauricia.
"I couldn't agree with you more," smirked Madeline.
"Maddie, what's wrong with you?" asked Lizzie. "I just wanted to see how you were doing."
"I'm doing well. Thanks for asking. Now leave."
"Yeah, leave," repeated Pamela.
"Buh-bye," waved Mauricia.
"Can you two shut up?" ordered Andrea.
"Uh, we can do whatever we want," Pamela responded.
"Yeah, it's a free country," agreed Mauricia.
"The United States of America," added Madeline.
"What is going on?" Andrea mumbled, looking away.
"Listen, Madeline," started Lizzie. "We got the gang back together. And we should put our silly ways behind us and become friends again."
"Why would I want to do that?" asked Madeline.
"Because we got the gang back together?"
Madeline chuckled. "I thought I made it clear; I don't want to be friends with any of you."
"I don't get it, Madeline," admitted Debra. "Why do you feel this way?"
"Because Erykah Badu, I found better friends. Cooler, prettier, way glamorous friends."
"Ain't that the truth," said Pamela.
"Yeah!" uttered Mauricia.
"Madeline, think about the good times we've had together," said Skye. "Are you really going to throw that all away?"
"Uh, isn't that what trashcans are for?" Madeline inquired. "So yeah."
"Man, you are such a brat."
"See? That's why I don't want to be friends with you. It's because you keep insulting me."
"Look, I'm sorry."
"I don't care! You said it and you had a reason so you're not sorry. I just can't take all this abuse anymore. I never felt such a weight lift off my shoulders after we fell apart. I need to be away from all of you. You guys are ungrateful."
"Ungrateful?" repeated Andrea. "This friendship was the best thing that ever happened to me. I remember the first time we became friends and I haven't forgot the rest. You're ungrateful for wanting out."
"Leave her alone," commanded Pamela.
"She's eighteen years old," mentioned Mauricia. "She can make her own choices."
"Sit your pancake butts down," Andrea demanded.
Pamela and Mauricia gaped.
Madeline made a step forward. "They have bomb butts, thank you very much. These are my new friends and you have no right to talk to them like that. So we're gonna leave. Nice seeing you. Not really."
The new Cow Belles turned around at the same time and started strutting away. The girls just stood there, watching the backs of them.
"Wow," said Lizzie. "Madeline became a real witch."
"With a 'B'," added Skye.
"Yeah, totally."

No comments:

Post a Comment