Monday, March 31, 2014

Hearts At The Fountain (Chapter 3)

"Ooh, Miss Sunstreet!" Skye called as she ran backwards after walking pass the teacher in the clear hallway.
"Oh, hello, Miss Carter," Sunstreet greeted. "How are you?"
"I'm doing well," Skye answered, stopping. "Just came out of the bathroom." She held up her orange bathroom pass. "Here's my pass."
"Well, good. Are you ready to play piano for the play in a couple of days."
"Yep. Super excited."
"Good, good."
"I just have a recommendation."
"Recommendation?"
"Just one. Just one."
"Okay. What do you suggest?"
"Okay, how can I put this together? Okay, I love playing the piano. The main reason for that is that I'm good at it."
"You are."
"I know. And there are ways you can play music on the piano. Other than Mozart and Beethoven."
"What are you trying to say?"
"Oh, how can I put this together?"
"Don't put it together. Just spit it out."
"I think we should choose some rock songs for the Hearts play."
"And what do you mean by 'rock'?"
"You know, rock. Alternative rock. Punk rock. Pop rock. Piano rock. Which is perfect because I'm playing the piano."
"And you're only going to play the songs on the piano?"
"Well, I also wanted to suggest some other instrumentation for the play. I have a friend who can shred on the guitar. And by 'shred', I mean 'play well'."
"Why are you suggesting so many things?"
"Why are you asking so many questions?"
"'Hearts at the Fountain' is about two young persons who fall head over heels in love with each other and it is all because of a famous fountain."
"Please, what is a fountain going to do?"
"Anything can make people fall in love."
"I think it's the people who make themselves fall in love."
"Miss Carter, I am not going to include rock music to our play. Show tunes are just fine."
"Uh, show tunes, show tunes, show tunes. Well, can you at least think about?"
"No."
"Why?" Skye uttered in a whiny voice.
"We're not going to deface 'Hearts at the Fountain' with your rock n' roll."
"Not rock n' roll. Rock! Like U2, Queen, Bon Jovi--"
"Bon Jovi?"
"Yes."
"No."
"Come on. Rock can really liven up the play."
"The play doesn't need 'liven up'. It is fine the way it is."
"It may be fine but it can be great!"
"Skye, for the last time, no."
"But Bon Jovi is awesome."
"No." Sunstreet started to walk away.
Skye walked quickly after her. "Can you say any word other than 'no'?"
"No."
"Was that your first word as a kid? No?"

No comments:

Post a Comment