Sunday, March 16, 2014

Two Heads Are Better Than One (Chapter 2)

The next day, in the beginning of the morning, Lizzie put away her sparkly red backpack in her locker. She closed the locker door and sighed dreamily; her face became red. Soon she turned around, hearing her name being called in a Latina accent.
"Hey, Doll," greeted Andrea, who walked up to her in a quick manner.
"Hey, Andy," Lizzie greeted back.
"I just heard that Miss Adams is not here. That means no test today."
"Ooh, good."
"So what's new? Like why are you red?"
"Red?"
"Yeah, your face looks like a tomato. Or an apple. Or a pepper."
Lizzie sighed as she held onto her books tightly. "Okay, if I tell you what I am about to tell you, can you keep it as a secret for a while?"
"Depends on the secret."
"Andrea--"
"I'm sorry. I promise not to tell. But what is it?"
Lizzie looked around to make sure that any of the girls are coming their way. "Remember when Maddie told us that she met a guy?"
"Yeah..."
"Well... I met a guy, too."
"¿QuĂ© dijo? "
"Really, I met a guy."
"So why are you keeping that as a secret?"
"I don't want to draw the attention away from Madeline. She found a good guy and I don't want to seem like I'm fibbing for desperation."
"Oh, come on. If you tell the rest of the girls, they wouldn't care. I mean they would care. I meant that we wouldn't think you were lying. We trust you."
"Good. Then maybe you can tell the girls."
"I was going to tell them anyway."
Lizzie scrunched her eyebrows.
"So who is the lucky guy's name?" Andrea playfully slapped Lizzie's arm.
"His name is Thomas."
"Thomas. Sounds smart."
"He is. He was real corny but he was smart so it's good."
"Where and when did you meet him?"
"At the Samuel bakery on Sunshine street last Saturday. He told me I was as sweet as a cupcake."
"That's cheesy."
"But he was sweet. Like he said I was."
"Aw! So are you two just dating or are you two in a relationship?"
"We're just dating. But I feel that he would ask me to be his girlfriend after the third date or so."
"Oh, so he's that hung up on you?"
"As it seems to me, yeah. But I really like him and I can't wait for you guys to meet him."
"I can't wait either. Madeline doesn't want his guy to meet us until they are official which could take weeks."
"Yeah, but let her take her time. She is a smart girl."
"Yeah, I agree. So when are you going to see Thomas?"
"Today! We're meeting up at the park."
"Sounds romantic already. I hope he is the right guy for you."
"Thanks, Andy."
"And if he ever tries to hurt your feelings, just call me. I'll break his face."
"Andrea..." Lizzie giggled.
"Sorry... I'll break his butt."
Lizzie started to walk away. "You can't break a person's butt. That's kind of impossible."
"Not the way I break butts." Andrea followed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment