Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Two Heads Are Better Than One (Chapter 3)

Andrea slowly drove her jeep into the parking space next to a public café called the Breadwinners.
"I love a sunny day," she said to Madeline, sitting in the passenger seat.
"It's always sunny," Madeline commented.
Andrea pushed her car's lever into "Park" and unlocked the doors with her keys as she took them out of the ignition. The girls opened their doors together and hopped out of the car, closing the doors behind them.
Madeline walked toward the café, spotting the other girls sitting in the same table by the café.
"Hey, Maddie," Debra waved.
The other girls greeted Andrea and Madeline as soon as they saw them. They both sat down between Lizzie and Skye, putting down their tote bags on the table.
"Geez, what's in your purse?" asked Skye to Madeline. "Your dog?"
"No," Madeline answered. "Crystal doesn't like that. She threw up once. It was probably because of the heat."
Andrea looked at Lizzie, giving her a look of "Have something to say?" Lizzie was confused at first but then started to read it. She sighed, feeling pressured.
"Girls, I have an announcement," she declared.
All of the girls paid their attention to Lizzie.
She continued: "I should have told you less than a week ago but... I met a guy."
"You met a guy, too?" Skye asked.
Lizzie nodded.
"Wow, that's interesting," Madeline commented.
"Oh, my goodness," Debra smiled. "What's his name?"
"Since Madeline won't tell us her man's name," Andrea added.
Madeline rolled her eyes, but not in an angry way.
"His name is Thomas," Lizzie grinned. "But I don't know his last name."
"That's okay," said Andrea. "That's not important."
"Where did you meet him?" asked Debra.
"At a bakery. I was buying a cake for my grandmother and he just went up to me."
"Aw, it sounds romantic already," Debra said.
Madeline placed her elbow on the table and rested her cheek in her hand. "Guys, can I tell you all something just to discuss?" she inquired.
"Sure," Skye shrugged.
"My guy's name is Thomas," she spilled.
Lizzie scrunched her forehead to herself.
"Whoa, you guys are both dating Thomas's?" Debra asked. "You guys might be really sisters."
"Tom is such a simple name," Andrea noted. "You couldn't tell us that his name was Tom?"
"Don't get upset, Andrea," said Lizzie. "At least she told. It's just weird that our guys' name is Thomas."
"It's not that weird," said Skye. "Tom is a common name. What does your Tom look like, Lizzie?"
Lizzie paused to think. "Well, my Tom has brown hair, brown eyes and smooth skin."
"Huh, my Tom has the same characteristics," Madeline pointed.
Andrea widened her eyes.
"Well, describe him more," Skye suggested.
"Thomas was Caucasian," Madeline added. "About five foot nine."
"Thomas told me he was five foot nine," Lizzie jumped in.
The girls inhaled through their teeth, not wanting to know what would happen next.
Lizzie continued: "He was Caucasian, also."
"Was his hair full and a bit shaggy?" Madeline asked.
"Yes, like he just got out of bed."
"That's how my Thomas' hair looked like."
"Did he smell Axel body spray?"
"Oh, my God. Yes!"
Lizzie slammed her hand on the table.
"Girls, you don't think that you are both dating the same Thomas, do you?" inquired Debra.
"No, we can't," Madeline shook her head. "It's not possible."
"We are not dating the same Thomas," Lizzie agreed. "He told me I was as special as a rose."
"That's what he said to me!" yelled Madeline.
Lizzie gasped loudly.
"Oh, my God!" Andrea put the palms of her hands on her face. "What are you guys going to do?"
Lizzie and Madeline looked at each other in sadness.
"You can choose who gets him," suggested Skye. "Rock, paper, scissors?"
Andrea glared at Skye. "Skye--"
"I'm kidding. Trying to light up the mood."
"I don't know what I'm going to do," admitted Madeline. "I really liked him but... but I guess it was all a lie."
"Well, whatever you guys do," Debra started, "I bet it will be the right decision."
Lizzie and Madeline both smiled faintly to themselves.
"You're so calm all the time," Andrea commented. "I can't do that."
The girls giggled, especially Lizzie and Madeline.  

No comments:

Post a Comment