Thursday, March 27, 2014

Hearts At The Fountain (Chapter 1)

"Oh, you're usually early," Madeline said to Andrea, who was just entering the cafeteria.
"You're going to give me a tardy slip?" she joked.
"Why are you late anyway?" Madeline asked.
"I was meeting up with my new 'boy-toy'," Andrea answered, sitting down in her usual spot at the lunch table, which is next to Skye in front of  Lizzie, Madeline, and Debra.
"Boy-toy?" Lizzie repeated.
"You never told us you had a boy," said Debra.
"Yes, I did," Andrea responded. "I said, 'Mamá consiguió un poco de caramelo!'."
"We can't understand that," said Skye.
"I can," Madeline admitted. "She said, 'Mama got some candy!'"
"How do you know?" asked Skye.
"My cousin Felicia had a boyfriend who was Mexican. He told great taco jokes."
"Okay, since you guys don't know about my candy," Andrea started, "I believe it's not too late to talk about him. His name is Nicky, he's six foot one, he has hair made from sunshine, and eyes like Valentine's Day bonbons. Hence the term, 'caramelo'."
"Shouldn't 'caramelo' mean caramel?" asked Skye.
"Don't tell me how to speak Spanish!"
"Maybe they're caramel bonbons," Lizzie added.
"Exactly," Andrea nodded. "Either way, he is so dreamy. I cannot take my eyes off of him."
"Talking about me again?" asked a tall, handsome, brunet boy, standing behind Lizzie and Madeline.
"Nicky-Nicky!" Andrea squealed.
She bounced off the bench and walked quickly over to her friend. She wrapped her arms around his neck and squeezed him, rocking side to side.
"His eyes don't look like caramel," muttered Debra.
"Girls, this is my friend, Nicky," Andrea introduced him, releasing from the hug.
"Hey, Nicky," all of the girls greeted.
"Hello, Andy's friends," Nicky greeted back.
"What are you doing here?" asked Andrea.
"I have lunch this period," he answered.
"The things I learn about you."
"You can sit with me if you want."
"No, it's okay. I have to talk to my girls about a bunch of stuff."
"Oh, well, that's fine. I got to talk to my bros about a bunch of stuff, too."
Andrea giggled as if she was light-headed.
"Hey, I've seen you before," said Madeline. "You have Miss Hall for second period."
"I sure do," Nicky said.
"I love Miss Hall. She's so wacky."
"And uproarious."
"Yeah!"
"Okay, enough talking," Andrea chuckled. "So what's new, Nicky?"
"Well, after school, I'm going to be auditioning for the play, 'Hearts at the Fountain'."
"Oh, I heard about that play," Debra said. "What is it about?"
"It's about a boy and a girl," Skye started, "who first meet at a public fountain and fall in love. They meet up every day by the fountain and share moments. Nearing to the end, construction workers try to tear down the fountain and the couple try to stop them."
"How do you know?" asked Lizzie.
"I'm playing the piano for the play," Skye answered. "You know, to add mood."
"That's great, Skye," commented Madeline. "You're really good at piano. And speaking of this play, I might audition myself."
"Oh, you act?" asked Nicky.
"A little here and there," she cracked her knuckles.
"I don't know what that means."
"It means I do sometimes. I've been in plays outside of school. I want to be an actress when I'm an adult."
"Oh, well, good luck auditioning."
"Thank you."
"Okay, enough talking," chuckled Andrea.
"You said that earlier," said Madeline.
"Well, I'm saying it again." She turned to Nicky. "Call me later?"
"I'll call you sooner," Nicky smirked.
He pecked her on the cheek, making Andrea coo and giggle like a child. She sat back down on her seat as he walked away.
"'Mama got some candy', indeed," said Debra.

No comments:

Post a Comment