Monday, November 23, 2015

Thanks for Giving (Chapter 1)

During the evening, the girls decided to hang out with each other at Andrea's house. Madeline picked up all of her friends in her gray Mercedes-Benz and drove them right over. For more than an hour, the girls rested in Andrea's glamorous bedroom. Lizzie stood by the closet, playing with the clothes inside. She laid her eyes on a pair of golden, glittery peep-toe heels which were on the top shelf and got ahold of them.
"Andy, can I borrow these shoes?" she gasped.
"Ask Madeline," Andrea replied. "I borrowed them from her."
"Maddie, can I borrow these shoes?"
"You can," said Madeline, "right after Andrea hands them back to me."
"I will but I haven't worn them yet," said Andrea.
"I've seen you wear them about three times."
"Yeah but I haven't worn them to anywhere good."
Lizzie giggled before putting the shoes back.
"So anyone doing anything special for Thanksgiving?" asked Madeline.
"Eating," answered Skye. "That's always special."
"I'm serious, guys."
"Are you doing anything special?" asked Andrea.
"Well, my parents are deciding whether we should invite some family over so they can make some extra food."
"Oh, I think that's nice," commented Debra. "Maybe they should invite your family."
"Uh, I don't like that idea. I'm afraid they're going to invite my Uncle Luc. He's weird."
"What does he do?" asked Skye.
"Well, he likes to rip off his back hairs."
"Ew!" uttered Lizzie. "Why would he do that?"
"Because they're long and there's so many of them. How am I supposed to know? He just does it. And my parents might invite my cousin Veronique who is greatly annoying."
"'Veronique' sounds like 'Veronica'."
"It's French for 'Veronica'."
"Ooh, I wonder what my name is in French."
"I don't know. Lizzie," Madeline uttered with an impressive French accent.
"Ooh! I'm gonna call myself that now."
"Have your parents cooked for the family before?" asked Andrea.
"Yeah, a few times," answered Madeline.
"Then why don't your parents invite our families? If that's a good idea."
"No, it's a great idea! That way, all of our families can get to know each other."
"Yeah!" said Lizzie, walking over to the bed and leaning against it. "And they'll realize how much we love each other."
"And we'll all be like one big family," added Debra.
"Of course," said Madeline. "This is such a good idea. I'm so smart."
        Andrea scrunched her forehead while looking at Madeline but immediately got over it.
"What if our families don't want to meet each other?" asked Skye.
"Why wouldn't they?" questioned Debra.
"I don't know. Some of our parents could be... different."
"Skye, none of our parents are racist," said Madeline.
"But some are religious and one of them said they would rather only have Andrea in their house." Skye looked at Debra to remind her. But Debra knew.
"Well, you can't blame my dad for that," said Debra. "You did drop my phone in a cup of soda."
"They're just jealous because I have skin color," said Andrea.
"Listen, our parents are obviously adults," said Madeline. "I think that they can maturely know how to get along just by looking at each other."
"People get pregnant looking at each other," shared Lizzie. "I heard that on TV."
"Well, stop listening to your TV, Lizzie."

No comments:

Post a Comment