Thursday, October 29, 2015

I Ain't Scared of No Ghost (Chapter 5)

After what seemed to be an hour, the girls came running into the living room at the same time. They were all screaming and their yells had gotten louder when they ran into each other. Soon they calmed down when they realized one another.
"Oh, what a relief," Madeline said, out of breath with her hand on her chest. "It's you guys."
"Why did you leave me?!" Andrea yelled at Debra.
"There was a ghost right in front of us," responded Debra.
"So what? You was just going to let him kill me?"
"I don't wanna die."
"Neither do I!"
"Wait a minute," said Lizzie. "You guys actually saw a real ghost?"
"Yeah," answered Andrea.
"He was all old," Debra described, "and wrinkly and dusty and pale. He looked like he hadn't moisturized in over a hundred years."
"Plus, he almost killed me when Debra pushed me towards him."
"As you may know, I am black and black people run. We head for the hills. We want to live."
"So do I!"
The girls concentrated on something else when they heard a door slam. They all huddled together, along with Sean, and shrieked out of fright. But it turned out that the kids fiercely opened a closet which they were stored in. They walked toward the gang who were shaking and holding one another.
"What are you guys doing?" Krista said.
The group yelped when they heard her voice. Then they all realized whose voice that was and looked at her. The group gave each other some space, except for Sean who was joyously latching onto Madeline. She struggled in his grip but wiggled her arms hard enough to shake him off.
"Where were you guys?" asked Andrea, stepping closer to the children.
"We were in the closet," Leroy responded.
As an impulse, Andrea slapped Leroy across his left cheek. He covered his face to soothe the stinging pain.
"Andrea!" uttered Debra, running over to her brother. "You just slapped my brother in the face!"
"So?"
Debra groaned before looking at her brother. "What were you doing in the closet?"
"Oh, nothing," replied Leroy. "I was just... teaching the girls how to play 'Post Office'."
Debra then slapped Leroy on the same cheek that Andrea smacked him.
"I knew I couldn't trust you, you little playboy," snarled Andrea.
"Aw, man, you got blood on your lip," Debra noticed.
"Oh, that's from Linda," Leroy explained. "She hit me when she didn't want to play the game."
"I taught you well, my little angel," Andrea said to her youngest sister.
"So let me get this straight," said Skye. "You guys went inside the house to play a little game of seven minutes in heaven?"
"What happened to your face?" Krista questioned. "You actually look better. Uh, no, the lightning scared us so we ran inside the house. And the door couldn't open so we went inside the closet when Leroy said that he wanted to, 'show us something'."
"So the ghost didn't bring you inside?" inquired Andrea. "Or at least tried to hurt you?"
"No."
"Good 'cause now I can hurt you. Didn't you hear me calling you?"
"No, the door is thick."
"Your skull is thick. Okay, we need to get out of here because there is a ghost here."
"What? There's no such thing as ghosts."
"Yeah, there is," said Lizzie. "Look, they covered us in blood."
Skye added, "And moved chairs around."
Debra added, "And made fog come out of the rooms."
Sean added, "And took the bodies of skeletons."
And Madeline included, "And pushed me through a hole in the stairs."
"So you're telling me that something cool actually happened inside this house and I missed it?" asked Linda.
"Ghosts aren't cool when they're trying to kill you," said Skye. "You guys should feel lucky."
"I thought I was gonna get lucky," muttered Leroy to himself.
"What you say?" Andrea snapped.
"Nothing."
"Slapping you once was nothing. But slapping you twice is gonna be something."
"Andrea, I think we're done assaulting my brother," said Debra.
"We're done now but it ain't gonna be the last time."
"Look, I'm just glad that we're all safe and sound," admitted Madeline. "Really, the best thing to happen to us is the safety of ourselves and the kids. Therefore, we should be grateful."
"I don't know about that," said Sean. "We could've died. You could've died. And if anything was going to happen, I would've only regretted not sucking face with you. So I'm gonna get my kiss."
"Sean, I know you mean well but there is ab--"
She was interrupted by a squeeze on her chin and a long smack on the lips which Sean planted on her. Everybody stared out of shock and a teeny bit of disgust. He released her, feeling nothing but confidence and leaving Madeline with a surprised look on her face.
"Maddie, are you okay?" asked Lizzie.
Madeline blinked multiple times. "I think so. Totally uncalled for but... not that bad."
"I've been practicing," Sean grinned.
"Yeah, on your pillow," said Skye.
"I'm so jealous," Leroy shared.
"Be jealous 'cause you ain't gonna get nothing," said Andrea.
"You're never gonna get it," Krista sang with a smile.
"I'm gonna tell so many people," Sean admitted.
"You're gonna tell zero people," said Madeline, puckering her forehead.
"But your friends saw this."
"Therefore, they're gonna be the only people who know."
"Can I at least tell my bandmates?"
"Tell anyone and I'll rip off your lips. You will never be able to pronounce words with the letter 'P' ever again."
"I like 'P'."
"Speaking of which, can I use the bathroom?" asked Leroy.
"No, we are getting out of here," Debra responded.
"Yeah, so get a bladder infection," Andrea crossed her arms.
"You don't got to be so mean," said Leroy.
"Little boy, I have the right to be mean to you. Thinkin' you Hugh Hefner or something. More like P.U. Hefner 'cause you stink. That's probably why my sisters didn't want to be near you. But whatever reason, they have a right mind and you don't, cochino. Right now, I could be at a party, meeting someone who looks like you except taller, older and wearing deodorant!"
Then the only lamp in the living room more than twelve yards away from the group fell down by itself and shattered the light bulb inside the shade which fell off before the lamp hit the ground. The noise startled everyone, making some of them scream with terror. Everyone shook and leaped about and panicked, feeling like they were trapped in a box of fear.
"I'm peeing! I'm peeing!" Lizzie hollered while hopping up and down.
Debra was the first to run. She pushed Andrea out the way then bolted towards the door. The rest of the gang ran and caught up to Debra. She twisted the doorknob to open the door but it popped off like a dislocated shoulder.
"Oh, we're trapped!" Debra said in tears, staring at the rusting doorknob in her hand.
"Oh, no, we're not," Andrea denied. "Stand back."
Debra moved behind Andrea and watched her kick the whole door down, exposing the brilliance of the street lights, making everything seem clearer.
"See, I'm helpful," Andrea looked at Debra before being the first one out of the haunted house.
Everyone else rushed out and made a long distance away from the creepy mansion just to be far from the spirits that rested inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment