Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I Ain't Scared of No Ghost (Chapter 3)

Later, the girls, and Sean, took the kids trick-or-treating for several blocks in the neighborhood. It had been approximately an hour and a half and the kids' bags were almost overflowing with confections. Calling it a day as the party was about to begin, the gang walked the kids back to Debra's house so they can take them home and make it to the party on time.
"I think you look really pretty," confessed Leroy to Linda.
"You do?" Linda smiled.
"Of course because you almost look exactly like Andrea and Andrea fine. So that's why I think that. Also, I like your get-up."
"Thank you!"
"You're welcome. And since I'm Jesus, want to be my angel?"
Andrea walked faster to get closer to her sister and Debra's brother. "Remember, angels are pure," she said. "They're sacred, they're clean and they've been sprinkled with holy water so they can't do anything impractical."
"Angels can also walk on water," added Lizzie. "I read that in the bible. They're like Ryan Lochte. Hold on, is Ryan Lochte an angel?"
Madeline made a face, ignoring the question. Her movements caught the attention of Skye's bandmate, Sean.
"You look really pretty as well, Madeline," he said.
"Thank you," Madeline smiled, "but I think you already told me that."
"Did I? I'm sorry. I just think about how pretty you are every day. I mean I don't think about you every day. Maybe once a week or a month. But when I do, I think about how pretty you are and maybe that's why I keep saying it. But you already know you're pretty so I don't need to keep reminding you. I don't want to bother you but here you are. No need to think about you but I do anyway. Not every day but once in a while. I don't think about you when I sit in my bath bombs."
"Sean, I'm gonna move away from you now." Madeline did not hesitate to walk away from Sean and start walking in-between Skye and Debra.
"That's fair. Yeah, no, that's fair. No, that's fair."
"So who are you?" Krista asked Skye. "Like I know you're Skye, Andrea's friend, but what is your costume? Like be specific please."
"I'm Gerard Way," Skye answered. "He was the lead singer of My Chemical Romance."
"What's My Chemical Romance?" asked Andrea.
"It was a rock band."
"Never heard of them."
"Well, a lot of people heard of them. They saved lives."
"Were they firefighters?"
"No, they were a band."
"So what did they save lives with?"
"Their music."
"One time, I almost choked on a Skittle. I didn't see their music coming to the rescue."
Skye scrunched her lips to hold in the anger that was going to arrive from inside her body.
"What time is it?" asked Lizzie.
Madeline checked her silver watch. "Almost thirty past eight."
"It's thirty O'clock?"
"No, that means it's 8:30. If we take the kids home now by car and get to the party afterwards, we'll be there before the cool kids come."
"I can't wait to get my shimmy on," Andrea shared.
"I wish I was there to see it," commented Leroy.
"Mind your business, Bobby E. Johnson."
"Can't wait to eat your candy, guys?" inquired Lizzie.
"No way," said Linda. "Once I get my foot through the door, I'm gonna open up a candy bar."
"Not until we get another one from that house," said Krista, stopping and pointing across the gang to the right.
The rest of the group stopped to gaze at what Krista was pointing at. They set their eyes on an old, black mansion which screamed, "terror". It looked like if someone were to touch it, the whole thing would cave in. And it seemed that all of the night's cloud grouped together only above that house.
"We have to go there."
"Oh, no, we not!" said Andrea.
"It's practically the only house we didn't go to."
"Doesn't mean that's going to be our last."
"I never even noticed that," admitted Sean with wide eyes.
"Me neither. And just because we noticed it now doesn't mean we're going to it now. We have to take you home."
"What are you, afraid?" questioned Krista.
Andrea scoffed. "No, I'm not afraid. Nothing scares Andrea Rosa Melinda Alejandra Martina Jenni Cantina Gonzalez."
Lizzie stopped to think."Who's that?" she asked.
Andrea made a face at her before giving her full attention to her sister.
"Andrea, it's just going to be me, Linda and Leroy going up to the house anyway so you have nothing to worry about," said Krista.
Andrea sighed then rolled her eyes. "Fine, but this is the last house. Now go. Hurry up."
The younger teenagers ran together up to the tall, terrifying house, going up the creaky steps onto the weak porch. The group watched the kids as Krista rang the doorbell. They waited along with the kids for a reply.
"This house seems very unsettling," commented Madeline.
"I know," agreed Debra. "It's making me itch."
Krista rang the doorbell a second time.
"What's taking so long?" Andrea yelled.
"They haven't answered the door yet," Krista yelled back. "Stop yelling!"
"Pssh! You're yelling!"
"Listen, they need to hurry up," said Madeline, "because I'm starting to itch, too."
Krista raised her finger to press the doorbell again. But before she could do that, the door slowly opened, creaking as it stretched only by four inches. The kids glanced at each other, confused about what was happening.
"Hello?" Krista called.
"What's going on?" Andrea hollered.
Debra turned to Andrea. "Andy, relax. This will only take a se--"
All of the sudden, thunder clashed and illuminated the sky for only a second. The noise and light startled the gang, making some of them jump and scream. They didn't know what to do as they all immediately became distracted. They all soon got of their haze and looked at the house, knowing that that is where the thunder came from. They noticed what was missing from the house was the kids.
"Wh-Where are the kids?!" asked Andrea.
"Maybe they ran away," guessed Lizzie.
"Or went inside the house which is haunted," added Madeline.
"That's nonsense," said Skye. "That house is not haunted."
"Then where are the kids?!" Andrea's voice raised.
"Oh, my God," Lizzie whined.
"Oh, Lord! That house took my hermanas!"
"And my brother," added Debra.
"I don't care about your brother, Debra."
"But I do. We need to go in there."
"And die?" inquired Madeline. "I don't think so. I'm too fabulous to die, okay?"
"It's okay," said Sean, raising his arms for a hug. "I'll protect you."
"Touch me and you'll die."
Sean dropped his arms and looked away.
"This can't be!" said Andrea in a quivering voice. "I'm gonna kill that house."
"I don't think that's possible," said Skye.
"I agree with Debra. My sisters are in the house and we need to get them."
"Why?" asked Lizzie. "They're not our sisters."
"So? You guys are like sisters to me. Except for you, Sean. You're more like a pet."
"Understood," Sean mumbled.
"Listen, we're all witnesses. So the best thing for you guys to do is to help me get them."
"Witnesses?" Madeline inquired. "We didn't see them go in that house. I need to have a word with my lawyer."
"Madeline, if you don't suck it up, I'm going to need a lawyer when I kill you before the house does."
"Ugh! Fine! We'll go in because we love you."
"And me," added Debra. "My brother's in there, too."
"Debra, nobody cares about your brother."

No comments:

Post a Comment