Monday, November 30, 2015

Like Teacher, Like Son (Chapter 1)

The sun was setting almost near the horizon of the fields, giving Madeline and her new friend just an hour of light left. They were having a picnic in an open field, just the two of them and their gracious lunch of sliced turkey sandwiches and small fruits. They spent almost two hours in the field just talking, eating and looking into each other's eyes. Madeline met her friend during the summer. She just bumped into him at the mall and they were stuck on each other ever since. To Madeline, he looks similar to Zac Efron with a mix of Jesse McCartney. This was their fourth date.
"The sky looks so beautiful when it sets like that," Madeline opined, gazing upon the coming twilight.
"I agree," her friend consented.
"Don't you like the glow that illuminates my face?" She turned her attention to her friend and held the hair that covered her cheeks to show off her flawless face.
Her friend chuckled. "I sure do."
"Thank you." She let go of her wavy, blonde hair. "I really like spending time with you, Zeke."
"I like spending time with you, too."
"Good. And can I say that I am so glad that you're going to Laguna Beach High. Now I can see you almost every day."
"And you know I love seeing your gorgeous face."
"Oh, who doesn't?"
Zeke laughed his sexy laugh. "I can't get over how confident you are. The girls I used to date usually had low self-esteem. But being with you is easy. I don't have to tell you that you're beautiful because you already know."
"That's cool, right?"
"So cool."
"Well, I think everyone is beautiful and it's important for them to realize that. I was born knowing that I was beautiful. Besides, no one looks like me."
"Although, you kinda do look like Cassie Scerbo. From that show?"
"Cassie Scerbo was in the Slumber Party Girls."
"What's that?"
"A girl group that you never heard of but I have. My friend, Lizzie, loves them." She started singing, "Don't be M.I.A., we're gonna make you L.O.L. B.T.W., this is all for you."
Zeke was not afraid to laugh at Madeline for singing such a ridiculous song.
"I'm sorry you had to see that," Madeline giggled, looking down.
"No, it was cute."
Madeline looked up. "Thanks." She took a glance at the dusk of the sky again. "I don't want this day to end but we got to get home. Curfews, right?"
"You're not going home without giving me a kiss. And another grape."
Madeline tittered. "If you say so."
She disconnected a green grape from its vines which settled in a clear plastic container in between the couple. She popped the grape in Zeke's clean mouth then slowly locked lips with him before he ate the sweet berry.
"Tasty," he winked at her.
Madeline smirked at Zeke while twirling her hair, being the flirtatious coquette that she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment