Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The School President of the United States (Chapter 1)

Once Madeline entered the cafeteria and approached the table she always sits in with her girlfriends, she slapped her hands down on the table at her "spot". The noise alarmed Andrea and Lizzie while the others saw it coming.

"Hello, my favorite people," she said sitting down.

"You seem to be in a good mood," noticed Skye.

"A very good mood," Debra grinned.

"What's the new news?" asked Lizzie. "Actually, I don't have to say 'new' because news are new. But what is the new news?"

"The new news is that I'm running for president," responded Madeline.

The girls smiled with amazed faces.

"Oh, congradulations, Maddie!" Lizzie gasped.

"Yeah, way to go!" Andrea agreed.

"Why thank you, thank you," Madeline grinned charmingly.

"That's cool you're running for president," started Skye. "You've been talking about that position forever, now it's going to come true for you."

"Yeah, hopefully. My application sheet was one of the best out of the three they picked from the twenty of those forms so I got a small chance of winning."

"That's for sure," said Lizzie. "Twenty people is a lot."

"But there are three competitors."

"But you said twenty."

"No, I said three."

"No, you said there were twenty people."

"No, twenty forms from twenty people but there are three competitors."

"What?"

Madeline shook her head. "Okay, so even though I'm running against a few students, I figured out some methods that will help me win for sure."

"What are the methods?" asked Andrea.

"Well, I was thinking that Skye and her band could write a few songs about voting for me and perform them for the school."

"Okay," Skye's voice sounded hesitant.

"And not to block your genius or make myself off of something but I did write lyrics for you to sing."

"Okay. When can I see them?"

"Right now." Madeline reached down under the neck of her coral shirt and pulled out a folded piece of paper. She unfolded it then handed it to Skye.

"Ah, the bra: nature's basket," Lizzie shared.

Skye ran her eyes over the words of the paper. "These lyrics are egotistical," she commented.

"You mean truthful?" Madeline asked.

"No, egotistical. I love you, Maddie but I'm not going to sing how cool you are."

"Come on. This will only be for a day. Maybe two. Maybe for a week."

"Can my band get paid?"

"Skye, you're my friend; I shouldn't have to pay you."

Skye slapped the piece of paper. "Fine. I will ask my bandmates if they can help me produce some songs for you."

"Thank you. Also, another method is that Debra can make some charm bracelets to sell to the students like she's done before."

"Oh, great!" Debra grinned. "I bought this new DIY bracelet kit and I can't wait to break it off."

"Make sure you put my name on them."

"What if they don't buy them all?"

"Then you'll have bracelets that remind you of me."

"What can I do for you?" questioned Andrea.

"And me, too?" Lizzie added.

"You," Madeline pointed at Andrea, "can help get me the Spanish vote."

Andrea crinkled her nose. "That seems a bit segregated."

"It's not called 'segregation', it's called 'connection'. Maybe we can film a video and you can speak your fluent Spanish in it. Lizzie, you can help make T-shirts."

"Yes, I love fashion designing," said Lizzie.

"But when you're working the sewing machine, ask for someone to help you."

"Aw, do I have to?"

"Yes. We don't want you to have another 'accident'. Remember last year when you had to bring the sewing machine to school because it was stuck to your shirt?"

"I'll keep my apparell out of the way this time."

Madeline paused. "No, you must be supervised."

"Who are you running against anyway?" asked Andrea.

"Chrissy Walker and A.J. Hart. Smart kids but they can't beat me."

"Why?" questioned Skye. "Because you're too cool for school?"

"Ooh, that would sound good in another song!"

Skye paused. "I've spoken too much."

No comments:

Post a Comment