Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My First Keg Party (Chapter 3)

Aimlessly, Skye roamed through the crowd of strangers unhappily, trying to find some space. She avoided any interaction once she came to the party and definitely desired to speak to her friends which she was not able to do. When she attempted to pass a corner, she accidentally bumped into an unfamiliar boy, making him spill his drink.

"Sorry," Skye said, almost straining to say it.

"It's okay," the boy bashfully smiled. "At least I didn't get any on me."

Skye tittered awkwardly. What became more awkward than her laugh was the constant staring of the boy.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked.

"I don't know," the boy answered. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

"I don't know because I'm pretty sure I don't know you."

"I feel like I've seen you before."

"Do you go to Laguna Beach High?"

"No."

"Then I still don't know you."

"Maybe you remind me of someone."

"Well, I don't know many people who look like me."

"I think I'm thinking of Avril Lavigne."

Skye scoffed and rolled her eyes.

The boy scrunched his forehead. "What?"

"Nothing. I love Avril Lavigne. I just don't think I look like her."

"Of course, you don't exactly look like her. You two just seem... similar. But to be honest, you're way prettier than Avril Lavigne."

Skye's eyes widened. That comment made her smile a bit. Then she started to notice how cute the boy was. His pale, smooth skin. His sky-blue eyes shining under his big, squared eyeglasses. His jet-black hair oozing from his gray beanie. He was the dream guy for Skye, which made her start feeling more like a girl.

"Thank you," she looked down.

"No need to thank me. It's the truth."

Skye looked up. She felt like looking into his eyes were making her blind. In a good way, of course. "My name is Skye unless you knew that," she tried to sound cool.

The pale-skinned boy chuckled. "My name's Jeffrey since you don't know that."

Skye giggled. "So what brings you here to this party?"

"Richard, the 'man' of the house, invited me. We used to be next-door neighbors. Now he lives in this house which is sweeter than mine. But I am not that envious because he is just going to trash it later."

Skye felt like she was looking in a mirror. "You and Richard still communicate."

"Now and then. How do you know Richard?"

"Oh, I don't. But he goes to my school and apparently asked one of my friends to come and to bring friends so here I am."

"Don't take it personal."

"Oh, I don't. It's not a big surprise to me that my friends are hot."

"But you're so cool and chill. I feel like people ask you to parties all the time."

"Well, they don't. I'm not much of a party-goer anyway."

"Same here. I just drink as much punch as I can so the smell of beer doesn't get to me."

"Are you a recovering alcoholic?"

"I'm awfully too young to be an alcoholic."

"Who knows? You probably hide booze in your sock drawer."

"Well, I don't like to kiss and tell."

The two shared a laugh.

"So since you like Avril Lavigne, what other types of musicians do you listen to?" Jeffrey asked.

"Uh, let's see: I'm into Jack White, Nirvana, U2, Panic! at the Disco--"

"Oh, that reminds me. People say that I look a lot like Brendon Urie."

"I don't see it."

"Maybe if you squint your eyes."

"I still wouldn't see it."

"Well, eyes are eyes."

"What music do you like?"

"All the ones you named. Although, I would like to include My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy."

"Oh, I love those bands, also. I'm not bragging but I'm in a band."

"Really? That's cool."

"Thanks."

"Is it famous?"

"Uh, no. No, no, but I would like to get there."

"Cool. What is your position?"

"Frontwoman."

"That's pretty awesome."

"Yeah and I do the keys, too."

"I bet you're really talented."

"I mean I'm good."

"I got to see you play."

"Well, we did upload a few videos on YouTube. I can show you on my phone." She pulled out her black, touch-screen phone from her back pants pocket. She started to press away as Jeffrey gazed at her screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment