Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My First Keg Party (Chapter 2)

"Wow," said Madeline. "This soiree is… wow."

"I don’t know what ‘soiree’ means but thank you," said the brunet boy, closing the door.

"Ugh!" Skye uttered. "It smells like manure in here."

"Yeah, somebody took a dump around here somewhere," the boy replied. "Anyways, make yourself at home."

He walked quickly away from the girls.

"I hope I don’t step on it," Lizzie whispered to her friends.

"Let’s just watch our step, okay?" Madeline ordered. "So this is our first party with beer as the main component. Now we don’t have to drink the beer—"

"Because of the candies with fruit in them," Lizzie pointed.

"Right. But we shall enjoy this for as many hours as we can and we will be able to do that if we stick together."

"I agree," smiled Debra.

Not too long, a built guy with dirty blond hair confidently walked up towards the girls and tapped Andrea on the shoulders.

"Hey, has anyone ever tell you that you look like Jennifer Lopez?" he asked her.

"Are you blind?" Andrea responded, lifting her eyebrow up at him.

"A little bit."

"Then thank you," she grinned with arrogance.

She held the boy's hand, giving him permission to lead her away. Before he could do such, Madeline grabbed Andrea's shoulder.

"Hey, I said we need to stick together," she told her.

"You don't need me," said Andrea. She slipped out of Madeline's hand and let the stranger walk her away.

"I don't want to be rude but if Andrea's going to hit on somebody, I want to hit on somebody, too," said Lizzie. "In order for me to do that, I can't stick with you all."

"Well, that's offending, Lizzie," Madeline remarked. "I suggested sticking together so we could have fun easier. But if you want to separate, then go ahead."

"Okay," Lizzie smiled before bolting away.

"This party is tearing us apart," Skye commented sarcastically. "Maybe we should go."

"No," said Madeline. "Maybe they have the right mind. How else are we going to make new friends if we are constantly together?"

"But we don't need new friends if we have each other."

"Oh, Skye, once you become popular, you'll understand."

"Well, how do you understand if you're not popular yet?"

"I did my research."

"Yeah, because you're a nerd."

"A nerd with dreams."

"Since we are separating anyway, I think I'm gonna go find Aidan while you two talk," interrupted Debra.

"Aidan, the pothead?" questioned Madeline.

"Hey, he doesn't do pot anymore."

"I don't know," said Skye. "Once a stoner, always a stoner."

"That is not true. He changed his ways."

"Well, look at Whitney Houston."

"Whitney Houston's dead."

"Yeah and you know why?"

"She drowned."

"In a bathtub. How do you drown in a bathtub? I'll tell you how: smoking that crack."

"But we're talking about marijuana."

"It's all the same," Madeline jumped in.

"It is not."

"Look, just find your Airhead Aidan," Skye recommended.

"He's not an airhead."

"Yes, he is because he's smoking pot."

"I'm just gonna go before my chi turns negative."

Debra took a breath then walked from her best friends, fading into the colorful crowd.

"Skye, I know you have gross feelings about teenage partying but this is how we're going to learn more about our identities," Madeline said, putting her hands on her hips. "Yes, it might be a stupid choice but we can't know how to be smart if we don't know how to be stupid."

"But you know stupid," Skye responded, "so you would've made a smart choice and not drag us here."

"I didn't drag you here; you willingly came. Don't blame me but if it makes you stay, blame me."

"Alright, I blame you."

"Now you're going to change your mind later and that's okay. Don't worry, I'm not going to change myself while I'm here. This party is a test and if I don't become popular, at least I stayed true to myself. And at the end of the day, I will still have my four best friends."

Skye smiled. "I still blame you."

"Like I said, you'll get over it."

Madeline swiftly turned ninety degrees and walked away from Skye, who still stood around for a while. As Madeline marched through the hysteria, she was stopped by a handsome boy sitting on a table who called, "Hey!"

Once she turned her head, the boy stood on the floor. "The name's Madeline, right?"

"Yesiree, it is," she answered, walking closer to him.

"I'm Ross. I'm a part of the football team."

"Oh."

"I've heard a lot about you."

"Really? Good stuff, right?"

"Oh, yeah, totally."

Madeline grinned behind a subtle growl.

"You're a part of the debate club. Kinda nerdy but you make it hot."

"Thanks, I make everything hot."

"Weird hearing that from a goody-goody."

"Goody-whatty?"

"You know. A goody two-shoes. A square."

Madeline gaped. "I am not a square! The last time I checked, squares do not have curves."

Ross chuckled. "Listen, take it as a compliment. Not all goody-goodies are hot. Consider yourself lucky."

"Why? Because if my virtue gets in the way, I can always rely on my looks? Well, let me tell you something: I should be lucky because I do rely on my looks. I'm just not going to hear that from you."

"Look, if you don't want to be a goody-goody, just lighten up a bit."

"Oh, I lighten up. People call me 'Light Bulb' because I always lighten up. Look at my skin. Light!"

"I don't believe you."

"Then let me prove myself."

"Fine. I want to see you drink alcohol."

"Why?"

"Because alcohol is for people who lighten up, Light Bulb."

"Okay. Where are the Brewskies?"

"Uh, I have a beer right here." Ross picked up a red cup from the table. He handed it to Madeline who looked right away into it.

"Did you drink from this?"

"Yeah, what's the matter?"

"I don't actually like to share cups with people because of the variety of germs that--"

"Fine. Give it back, square."

"Oh, do squares do this?"

Madeline chugged the whole cup of golden alcohol, letting it all trail down her throat as she slowly tilted her head back. Once she was done, she scrunched the cup to notify its emptiness.

"Oh, yeah!" she uttered after wiping her lips with the back of her hand. "That was good as I enjoyed your backwash."

No comments:

Post a Comment