Monday, March 23, 2015

Volume 3: My First Keg Party (Chapter 1)

It was a breezy night and the girlfriends passed by streetlights and fire hydrants as they walked together down an unfamiliar sidewalk. They were dressed nicely for a house party that they were heading to. They chatted about the beginning, middle and end of their results of attending the party.

"Can’t you believe this is our first party together?" asked Madeline.

"We’ve been to other parties before," reminded Skye.

"Yeah, but it’s our first keg party."

"And that’s good news because?"

"All of the cool kids go to the keg parties. So the fact that we were invited makes us cool kids."

"Yay," Lizzie smiled, "now I will totally understand that Echosmith song."

"What if I don’t want to be cool?" asked Skye.

"Too late," Madeline said. "You’re already cool."

"Well, that sucks."

"It shouldn’t. We’re going to be the newest celebrities in the Hollywood we call, ‘Laguna Beach High School’."

"Good," Andrea pulled down her shirt by the edge. "Now maybe it will be easier for me to capture some dulce. Mami is hungry."

"I have a Snickers bar in my purse," said Lizzie. "Maybe you could give your mom that."

Andrea scrunched her forehead. "No, it was a figure of speech."

"So your mom is not hungry?"

"How would I know she is?"

"Is your family out of food?"

"Speaking of family," started Madeline, "do our parents know we are out here tonight?"

"I asked for permission," Debra replied.

"It took a lot of pleading for me to go," responded Andrea.

"I snuck out," Skye admitted.

"I told my mom and dad I was going to get cat food," said Lizzie.

"You don’t own a cat," Skye smirked.

"Exactly."

"Yeah, I told my parents that if they let me go to the party, I would wash their car once a week for a month," said Madeline.

"You’re actually willing to do a chore?" questioned Andrea.

"Hey, it takes hard work to become a celebrity."

"But you’re not a celebrity," said Skye. "We’re not celebrities. We’re just five girls going to Richard Keaton’s keg party."

"Yeah, but Richard Keaton is the captain of the swim team. I don’t know if you’ve heard but that is a big deal."

"No, I get it. ‘Oh, Richard Keaton can swim. We should worship him like a god.’"

"Hey, if one of us drowns, we would need someone to save us."

"Um, we are teenagers, sixteen or over. I think we should already know how to swim."

"But what if you’re someone like Debra?" asked Lizzie.

"What if you’re someone like me?" Debra questioned with a short giggle.

"Somebody told me that black people couldn’t swim."

Debra’s face relaxed, showing a different attitude. Andrea slapped her hand over her face.

"Who told you that, Lizzie?" asked Madeline, blinking rapidly.

"My television," answered Lizzie.

"Well, that is not true."

"Oh, then sorry, Debra."

"Hey, it’s all good," Debra smiled.

"Wow, you’re always so calm, Debra," Skye commented.

"That’s just me. Of course, if someone different said that to me, I would’ve slapped the headlights out of them. But this is Lizzie; she means well."

Lizzie grinned innocently.

"Ooh, we’re almost there," Madeline alarmed, looking at the big house across from the girls. "Man, his house is so nice."

"Too bad he’s going to trash it," added Skye.

"Hey, as long as we don’t have to clean it up for him," said Andrea.

"Are we going to drink beer?" asked Debra.

"That is up to you and the rest of us," answered Madeline.

"We should stay away from the alcohol," insisted Andrea. "Because the fellas like to play around with the roofies. And I know that I do not want to be a part of that."

"Well, who would want to be a part of that?" asked Madeline.

"What are roofies?" questioned Lizzie. "Are they, like, candies?"

Andrea stared at the night sky. "Yes," she replied after a pause, "they are candies but they’re the bad type of candy so you don’t want to mess with them."

Lizzie scrunched her nose to herself. "They do have fruit in them?"

Andrea huffed. "Yes."

"Ew."

"Look at the cool kids," Madeline said, observing the teenagers hanging outside the house. "We are going to be one of them in seconds."

"You mean a bunch of B.O. ridden, cigarette smoking, beer goggled bums?" asked Skye.

"Yeah!"

"Madeline, I thought that you didn’t want to be part of ‘the bad crowd’."

"I don’t… unless it makes me popular. Besides, a girl can fake it."

"Girls always do," Andrea informed.

It did not take long for the girls to arrive at the house, being inches away from the door. Madeline volunteered to ring the doorbell. Just only a couple seconds, the door was opened by a semi-buff boy holding a red cup and sporting brown, scruffy hair.

"Hey, I know you guys," he first said. "Missy and the other ones."

"I go by Madeline," she smiled.

"Whatever. Come on in."

He opened the door wider so the girls can step right in. They immediately walked into a frenzy of individuals and decorated mess on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment