Sunday, January 11, 2015

Cabo Wabo (Chapter 4)

Later that night, around seven, the girls gathered in Madeline's suite inside the hotel. After talking about the party they were invited to, Skye decide to go to her aunt's suite and ask her for permission to go. She stopped in front of Felicia with wide eyes as the skin on her face was red and had a few blisters.

"What happened to your face?" Skye asked.

"I had a chemical peel," answered Felicia.

"More like a chemical spill."

"Ha-ha, you're so funny. The redness is supposed to go down and when it does, I'll have fifteen-year-old skin."

"I don't think that should be something you want."

"Are you supposed to chilling with your friends?"

"Yeah but I got to ask you something."

Felicia gasped. "Are you asking me for advice?"

"No. There's a get-together downstairs that me and the girls were invited to. Can we go?"

"Sure."

"You're not going to think about it?"

"It's a get-together and you want to go so who am I to stop you?"

"But you know you can, right?"

"I'm aware of that as I am an adult."

"But there's no adult supervision, just teenagers. So there's a possibility of drugs, alcohol and coital activities."

"Skye, why you got to make things so complicated? Just go to the party and have fun."

"Are you serious right now?"

"Wait, is this your way of inviting me to a teenage party?"

"Ew, no." Skye immediately walked away and left the room, closing the door behind her.

Afterwards, Skye went to Madeline's suite to tell the girls that they can. Excited, they changed their clothes and put on makeup. Before they left, Lizzie grabbed the slip of paper that stated the room number of the gathering. They took the elevator down to the second floor and walked down the hallway to look for the number.

"Here it is," Lizzie found the door.

The girls stopped in front of it as Lizzie rang the doorbell. After a few seconds, the door was opened by Gary with a red cup in his free hand. The girls looked behind him, looking at the twenties of people inside the room.

"Hey, Madeline," he greeted. "And... I'm sorry, I forgot all of your names."

"It's okay," smiled Lizzie. "I find it hard to remember more than two people."

"How did you remember Madeline's name?" asked Andrea.

"Uh, lucky guess?" he replied.

"Madeline!" Terry quickly approached the door, camcorder in his hand.

Madeline almost rolled her eyes but faked a positive attitude. "Hi, Terry," she tried to greet him nicely.

"You remember my name," he smirked while pointing his camera towards Madeline.

"Your name's not that hard to remember."

"Well, don't be vampires," said Gary. "Come on in!"

The girls enter the room with Gary closing the door.

"Vampires don't come in houses?" asked Lizzie to Debra. "How else are they going to stay out of the sunlight?"

Terry followed Madeline with the camera as she walked deeper into the crowd.

"Hey, girls!" greeted Keeley from afar.

The girls waved at her.

"Yo, Gary is hot," Andrea murmured to Debra. "He's a summer day on a skillet of bacon."

"He is sizzling," Debra agreed, "if that's what you were trying to say."

"I'm going to try to hook up with him."

"But what about your 'friend', Hugh?"

"Hugh? More like 'who'. Get it?"

"Yes."

"Okay." Andrea turned around and scanned the room for Gary. "Ah, there he is," she found him. She walked through the crowd of people to talk to Gary.

Skye walked through to the desk with the radio on it. It was playing the hip hop song, "Juicy" by Notorious B.I.G., which Skye was not fond of. She picked up the CD case to read the tracklist.

The brunette standing in front of the table noticed Skye reading the case. "You like Biggy?" she asked.

"No," Skye honestly answered. "Is there anymore CDs?"

"Oh, yeah." The girl opened one of the drawers to the desk. She took out the CDs and read the covers: "There's Tupac, Nas, Diddy..."

"No, no, no."

"Then what do you like to listen to?"

"I like the Beatles."

"Who listens to the Beatles anymore?"

"I just said I still do."

The girl giggled. "You're funny."

"That wasn't a joke. My friend, Debra, listens to them, too."

"I bet she does."

While Skye talked to the brunette, Madeline had a conversation with Keeley.

"I take AP calculus," said Keeley.

"No way, are you good?" asked Madeline.

"A little here and there."

"Here and there? I'm actually kind of good at trigonometry. Get an A every time."

"Wow, what's your secret?"

"My secret is--"

Madeline got distracted when she saw Terry pop up in the corner of her eye with his camcorder.

She tried to continue. "Uh, my secret is lots of research and reading. I look over the examples in my textbook and--"

Terry stood behind Keeley, peeking over her shoulder, filming only Madeline.

"--and I-I take notes and ask several questions about those notes... to my teacher because--"

Madeline was fully distracted by Terry and his camera.

"Keeley, can you leave for a sec?" she asked politely.

"Sure, Madeline," said Keeley before walking away.

Terry waved at Madeline while looking into his camera which focused on her.

"Hi," Madeline said with a bit of frustration in her voice. "What are you doing?"

"I'm recording," responded Terry. "I'm recording memories at the resort and I'm trying not to miss a thing."

"Well, you're missing plenty of things only recording me."

"I'm sorry. Does it bother you?"

"Do owls turn their heads like the girl from the Exorcist?"

"I'm just making a film and I... I found my star."

"Star?" Madeline tucked a ringlet of hair behind her ear.

"If that's not weird. Every movie needs a pretty lady."

Madeline smiled sweetly. "You know, you're kind of cute without the camera." She placed her hand on his camcorder and gingerly pushed it down.

"You want to go somewhere quiet?"

"Bien sur."

"I'm assuming that's Portuguese for 'yes'."

"It's French. But I do know Portuguese."

Terry held Madeline's hand and led through the crowd out of the room.

As Lizzie chatted with Debra, a semi-buff boy in a red T-shirt approached Lizzie and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey," he greeted. "You want to dance?"

"Sure, stranger!" she replied.

The boy led Lizzie to the corner of the room and they appropriately danced together to the hip hop music.

Meanwhile, Terry took Madeline downstairs to the pool outside. They took their shoes off and sat down on the edge of the pool, dipping their legs in the water. They conversed as if they were on a romantic date under the stars.

"An actress?" Terry inquired.

"Yep, that's what I want to be," Madeline responded.

"Oh, I definitely see it. You're beautiful and full of life. That's what Hollywood needs."

"Then somebody send them my resume."

They laughed. Terry placed his hand on top of Madeline's. She felt her cheeks blush, making her quietly giggle.

"Why don't you go to Fake Cabo often?" he asked.

"It's too far from where I live. Going there every week would be a pain in the butt."

"No, I understand. But it's so beautiful. The pool, the country club, the fake palm trees."

"I do love the palm trees."

"Can't you convince your parents to move you here so you can go to the school nearby and come to the resort every day--"

"That's a big decision. I can't leave my friends or the rest of my family members. I love it here but I'm not going to give up my life if I love it too hard."

"I get it. Sorry if it felt like I was pressuring you."

"It's okay. You want to see me more often and I also want to see you more often."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

The two smiled at each other, deeply looking into each other's eyes. Soon, the eye contact broke when they heard loud voices. They turned their heads, seeing a girl being chased by a boy, obviously playfully. They ran so close to the poolside that their feet pushed Madeline off and into the pool. Terry tried to catch her but ended up falling in the pool with her. They dropped all the way in but they stood up as fast as they could. They had to swim a bit to keep their necks above the water.

"Are you okay?" breathed Terry, wiping his eyes once.

Madeline didn't answer. She just looked into Terry's hypnotizing brown eyes. She swam closer to him and wrapped her hands around his neck. She locked lips with him as they both closed their eyes. Terry embraced Madeline, confidently kissing her back, leading into a long make-out.

While Madeline and Terry had some alone time, Lizzie was still dancing with the unfamiliar boy to a different song from the radio. She stopped when she felt a strange graze on her bottom.

"Did you touch my butt?" she asked.

"No," the boy awkwardly chuckled.

"Oh, okay." She turned her head to see if anyone was behind her; no one was.

Lizzie continued to dance with him as she put her hands on his shoulders. Then she felt something more than a graze. She yelped a bit when she stopped and felt it.

"I touched your butt that time," the boy confessed.

Lizzie's eyebrow scrunched in anger. "Well, you shouldn't. It's my property and I did not give you permission to touch my property."

"Whoa, learn to chill."

"Learn to keep your hands to yourself." She pinched him on the left of his chest.

"Ow!" the boy slapped her hand away. "You twisted my nipple."

"Darn right I did."

Lizzie strutted away with renewed confidence.

As she did, Andrea was in the middle of conversation with Gary, the host.

"Wow, your muscles are big," she remarked. "Do you work out?"

"Yeah, I go to the gym six days a week," Gary said.

"Ooh, I don't go to the gym but I like to stay fit. I do squats; do you like to do squats?"

"Sure but not many boys don't do squats."

"Well, you're not a boy; you're a man."

Once Keeley walked by, Gary grabbed her arm for her attention.

"Hey, where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Keeley answered.

"I forgot to tell you: I got you something." Gary reached for the desk and opened the nearest drawer. He took out a small perwinkle box and handed it to Keeley. "Open it."

Keeley opened the box, revealing a silver charm necklace. She gasped as she picked it up. "It's a necklace."

"A what?" Andrea raised her eyebrow.

"Yeah, I bought it at Zales," said Gary. "I thought I should get you one since you dropped your original necklace in the toilet."

Keeley looked around the necklace. "Aw, and you have my name engraved."

"You have her name what?" Andrea's voice got higher.

"It's beautiful. Thank you, Gary."

She squeezed Gary who hugged her back. Andrea felt awkward when the hug lasted ten seconds. When the two released, they pecked each other on the lips. Andrea's eyes were widened in shock.

"Okay, yeah, so I think I'm gonna leave," Andrea said, pointing over her shoulder with her thumb.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment