Thursday, January 8, 2015

Cabo Wabo (Chapter 3)

Once the ladies arrived at Fake Cabo, they grabbed their luggage and checked into the nearby hotel. They took a while to settle into their hotel suites as Madeline, Lizzie and Andrea had to share one room while Felicia, Skye and Debra shared another. Afterwards, Madeline, Lizzie and Andrea came by the other girls' suite to discuss the plans. After a discussion, the girls agreed to go to the outdoor pool while Felicia decided to go the downstairs spa. So as Felicia left to go downstairs, the girls put on their swimsuits and head for the pool.

Lizzie was the first one to jump in, splashing her friends from her cannonball. She swam up and spit a bit of the water out like a fountain. "So far, I love Fake Cabo," she smiled.

"As so do I," Debra said, sitting on the edge of the pool, burying her legs in the water.

"What I tell ya?" Madeline inquired, walking down the steps inside the pool. "It's the best."

"We've seen nothing yet," said Skye, sitting next to Debra. "But it is nice."

"The pool is so big, a shark could live in here," said Lizzie. "But let's hope for the best because I'm afraid of sharks."

"Why are you so mean to your aunt?" asked Debra to Skye.

"What do you mean?" Skye responded, scrunching her forehead.

"Several months ago, you were mean to her when she took us to Coachella. Now you're still mean to her. What's up with that?"

Skye sighed. "I love my aunt but I do dislike her. That's because she embarrassed me years ago and she has not apologized for it ever since."

"What did she do?" Madeline asked.

"Something that I have to tell you later about."

"Is that code for 'you're not going to tell us'?"

"Yes. But I wish I could get over it so I won't be so hard on her. It's just an impulse. Sorry for my bad behavior."

"Hey, we're going to have fun today so your demeanor will change," said Debra, patting Skye's back.

"Where's Andrea?" Lizzie questioned, turning her head around.

Debra and Madeline looked behind themselves, gazing upon Andrea who was resting on one of the poolside chairs face down.

"Andrea!" called Madeline.

"Hmm?" Andrea muffled.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm getting my tan on," Andrea turned her head to sound more clear.

"You're already tan," noted Skye.

"Well, I'm getting tanner. Gotta look natural tambien."

Madeline turned her head back around and giggled.

Suddenly, a big beach ball hit Lizzie on the top of her head, making her sink down into the water.

Madeline's eyes were the size of golf balls. "Lizzie! Are you drowning?"

"How can she tell us she's drowning if she's underwater?" asked Skye.

"Don't get snippy with me because I'm not your aunt."

Lizzie floated back to the top, holding her head. She gasped for a bite of air. Seconds later, three teenagers, two boys and a girl, trudged through the water towards the girls.

"I'm so sorry," apologized the girl, retrieving the beach ball. "We were playing catch and one of us threw it way too far."

"Was not my fault, Keeley," said one of the boys.

"I'm Keeley. This is Gary and Terry." She pointed at the boys; one of them held a camcorder.

"Are you two brothers?" asked Lizzie.

"No, what made you think that?" responded Gary.

"Your names rhyme."

"Yeah, they do," chuckled Terry, pointing his camcorder at Madeline.

"I'm Lizzie, the girl who almost drowned."

"I'm Debra," she introduced herself.

"I'm Skye," she did the same.

"I'm Madeline," she raised her eyebrow at Terry.

"Nice to meet you all," smiled Keeley. "Do you girls come here often?"

"Oh, no," answered Debra. "But our friend has been here before with her family. It was her idea to bring us here while school was closed."

"Aw, that's sweet of you."

"Well, people do say I'm the sweetest," Madeline boasted.

"I'm sure they do," said Terry.

Madeline turned to him and made a puzzled face.

"What are you guys planning to do tonight?" Keeley questioned.

"We don't know," replied Skye. "We're going to get some food later but we didn't plan ahead."

"Well, Gary here is throwing a party in his suite and we would like to invite you all."

"Yeah, the more, the merrier," added Gary.

"And the merrier, the more," Terry said almost quietly.

Madeline stared at him as he still recorded her on his camera.

"That sounds nice but I have to ask my aunt Felicia," said Skye.

"We should go anyway because she's going to say yes," Lizzie said.

"Yeah, you're right. But still."

"Sounds like a plan," grinned Keeley. "Terry, do you want to give them the little invitations?"

"Uh... sure," Terry answered, not looking at Keeley, still looking at Madeline through his camera.

"You can leave the invitations on our chairs," said Lizzie.

Terry, using one arm, hopped up on the edge of the pool. He spun around to plant his feet on the surface and stood up. He tried to film Madeline for a bit before walking for his chair. When he turned, he almost bumped into Andrea who got up from tanning.

"Hey, guys, what's going on?" she asked, looking at her friends. "Making new friends?"

"Oh, yeah," said Debra. "Guys, this is our friend, Andrea."

"Hi, friend Andrea," said Terry, pointing his camcorder towards Andrea.

Seeing Terry and the shiny camcorder startled Andrea. "What the--?" she said before smacking the camera out of Terry's hands. The camera fell right into the pool next to Madeline.

"Oh, my gosh," Andrea exclaimed. "I'm so sorry. It was just that the light surprised me--"

"It's okay," said Terry. "It's waterproof."

Madeline slammed her fists into the water. "Darn it!" she uttered not too furiously.

No comments:

Post a Comment