Saturday, February 22, 2014

Credit Card Cut Off (Chapter 4)

Days after came a slow day around eleven O'clock. As the teacher was giving out a long speech, Andrea decided not to listen and focus on something else. While a boy in front of her leaned against a desk to help a fellow student, she stopped taking her notes and started to gaze steadily at the boy's buttocks.
The teacher walked past her desk from behind and banged on her desk loud and hard. "Pay attention and write your notes," he demanded. He resumed walking and continued his speech.
The boy in front of her turned his head around to look at her. "Not concentrating, Andrea?" he chuckled. "Are you daydreaming again?"
Andrea giggled in a nervous way but not nervous enough for the boy to notice. "Yeah, I'm-- I'm kinda tired. Plus, world history isn't my jam."
The boy chuckled.
Andrea smiled. "But, hey, I'm passing."
"Every class?"
"Yes, Kevin."
"So am I. But not English. It's not really my jam."
She giggled.
"What are you doing tonight?"
"Nothing. Just studying. Actually, I'm lying. I don't study. Why though?"
"There's this diner by Daylight Street. I'm thinking about going and I was wondering if you want to check it out with me."
"On what day?"
"Friday. Where it'll be a clear day to just talk."
Andrea grinned to herself. "Bueno, cuando lo pones de esa manera ..." she muttered.
"What?"
"I said yes. I'll go."
"I didn't hear yes or si."
"Well, 'yes' doesn't have to mean 'si' all the time. But yeah, I'm up for it."
"Nice. Or bueno."
"Bueno."
They smiled flirtatiously at each other.

The bell rung, signaling that everyone should go to their next class. When Andrea exited her history class, she noticed Madeline walking feet in front of her. Andrea rushed up the hall and started walking next to Madeline.
"Madeline! You're not going to believe it. But my friend, Kevin Christie, asked me out for dinner. And why do you look like a Christmas tree?"
Madeline turned her head at Andrea, making her long, dangling earrings make a chiming noise. "Um, I got some new stuff."
"Oh, did your parents give you an allowance?"
"Of course! I'm such a good girl."
"Okay... was it a big allowance? You have a lot of stuff on you."
"I used the credit card," Madeline said in a fast tone.
"What? Why?"
"Because I'm not poor! I should be able to buy whatever I want."
"Okay, crazy. You are not poor but you can't just use a credit card that is only for emergencies."
"Oh ,I know. Because my father canceled the credit card. So I can't buy anything right now. But I refused to return all of my stuff. I touched them. My DNA are on them. You can't return something with your DNA on it. I don't want a clone!"
Andrea paused. "Okay, I know you know way much better than that. Maddie, I think you have a shopping problem."
"You have a shopping problem!" She pulled down the sleeves of her fuzzy, green sweater.
"I haven't been to the mall since two weeks ago."
"You can lie all you want but it won't make you any prettier!"
"Okay, don't be yelling at me! You know I can drop you. Okay? You need to get yourself together. I'm telling the girls."
"Don't tell them anything. I am fine."
"Like China or cheese? Because you look rotten."
Andrea walked off to a hallway beside them as Madeline walked straight in anger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment