Thursday, February 13, 2014

Credit Card Cut Off (Chapter 2)

The next day, after twelve O'clock, Madeline entered the cafeteria at school and walked towards the table that she always sits at with her friends, who were already there. She took off her cross-body lunch bag and laid it on the table between her friends, Lizzie and Debra.
"Hello, girls," she greeted. She sat right in between her friends. "What's new?"
"I got back my test in geometry," Andrea replied, "to see the grade."
"And you passed?" Madeline took out a container from her bag.
"No, I failed. But Ms. Adams put a sticker on my paper!"
"Yeah, a frowning face," the blonde girl next to her responded.
"It was a happy, frowning face!" Andrea tilted her head.
Madeline giggled. "Don't be spiteful, Skye."
Skye shrugged her shoulders.
"What's new with you, sister?" asked Lizzie. "Besides the layaway method?"
Skye and Andrea giggled.
"I got a new credit card," answered Madeline. She grabbed her shiny, silver wallet from her lunch bag and swiftly took out her credit card. She flashed it in all of her friends' faces.
"So now you have more money?" asked Andrea.
"Actually, it's just for emergencies," Madeline put her card down.
"So now you still have no money?"
Skye snickered.
"I have money," Madeline responded. "My family is very rich."
"Wow, please rub it in our faces," Debra said, sarcastically.
"Just because your family is rich doesn't mean you are rich," Lizzie stated.
"Very true," agreed Andrea. "My parents only give me, like, twenty-five dollars a month."
"Okay, I am not... as rich as my parents," said Madeline. "But the money in my wallet seems to keep increasing. Explain that."
"The tooth fairy," answered Skye.
Debra and Andrea both giggled.
"So why did your parents give you a credit card for 'emergencies'?" asked Lizzie.
"You know," responded Madeline, "in case of hazards."
"Like if a fire forms in your house?" inquired Andrea. "That's a good example. You can purchase a fire extinguisher."
Lizzie chuckled, opening the container sitting in front of her.
"Just make sure that you don't use that card for own personal uses," Debra mentioned.
"Please, Debra," Madeline scoffed. "What am I going to use this card for?"
"Emergency nail polish?" Andrea inquired, sarcastically.
"Ha, ha," Madeline laughed in feign. "That is so funny that I forgot to laugh."
"But you said, 'Ha, ha'," noted Lizzie.
"Then, that was so funny that I forgot that I did laugh."
"Ooh, great cover," said Andrea.
"I can slice you with my credit card," Madeline joked.
Lizzie giggled and picked up one of her celery sticks from her container.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment